St. Philip's Lutheran Church in Fridley is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This front office position has an emphasis on both publications and membership coordination. Primary responsibilities include office reception; updating and maintaining membership records; compiling annual reports; managing the preparation, printing and folding of worship bulletins monthly newsletters, and postal mailings; and maintaining office supplies. Microsoft Office Suite and database experience desired. The position is 34 hours a week from 9:00-4:30 Monday-Thursday and 9:00-1:00 on Fridays. Benefits are offered.
Reports to: Senior Pastor, with direct supervision by Office Manager
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ willing to abide in and support the identity and values of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and St. Philip’s Lutheran Church
- A.A. or B.A. degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous work/ministry experience in an office setting
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Shepherd’s Staff, etc.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take direction, work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to use office equipment including phone system, copier, fax machine, and folding machine
- Ability to work independently with multiple interruptions
- Ability to work with confidential information in a conscientious and responsible manner
- Requires long periods of sitting. Stooping, lifting, and standing may also be required
- Front Office
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment by offering holy hospitality to members and guests alike in person, on the phone, and via email
- Coordinate front office volunteers
- Oversee maintenance of front offices printers, copier, and Priport duplicator
- Maintain appropriate levels of office supplies
- Prepare certificates for baptisms, new members, confirmation, weddings, etc.
- Manage the preparation, printing and folding of worship bulletins, monthly newsletters, congregational mailings, etc.
- Post mail and manage postage meter
- Provide attendance charts for ushers, pastors, and Board of Administration
- Membership Management
- Update and oversee membership records and computer database
- Compile annual parochial report to ELCA and statistics for annual report of the congregation
- Compile and print the annual report of the congregation
- Compile minutes from Board of Administration and Committee meetings
- Prepare and communicate money counter information, usher schedules, communion serving chart, lector and assisting minister information, special gift Thank You notes, etc.
- Organize wedding details: schedule, information sheets, marriage licenses, etc.
- Maintain permanent records of congregational meetings and leadership
- Facility Coordination
- Manage master calendar with Office Manager
- Recycle weekly bulletins
Cross-Program Performance Expectations:
- Planning & Program Management
- Ensure all front office work is aligned with the doctrine, values, and mission of the ELCA and St. Philip’s Lutheran Church.
- Develop a stakeholder evaluation of effectiveness/satisfaction submitted yearly to the Senior Pastor
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Seasonal Planning
- Order Easter and Christmas bulletin covers in consultation with pastors
- Order Easter and Christmas flowers in consultation with appropriate leaders
- Establish and maintain consistent and comprehensive communication with staff members
- Relational Ministry
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders, program leaders and volunteers, members of the congregation, Board of Administration, and staff.
- Volunteer Training & Coordination
- Recruit, train, and coordinate front office volunteers to effectively carry out the assigned ministries.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Attend appropriate meetings as needed to fulfill responsibilities and expectations.
- Communicate weekly work schedule with the Office Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor or Office Manager
To be considered, please email your resume to: JeannineA@splcmn.org