At St. Philip's, we understand that children vary in their readiness for communion. Parents are encouraged to consider the following about your child's readiness:
- Is the child asking questions about Holy Communion?
- Is there a verbal desire being expressed to receive communion?
- Does the child participate in the worship service? (sings along in worship, says the Lord's prayer, and Apostles Creed...)
- Does the child talk about feeling left out when other family members commune?
- Does the child understand being wrong and being forgiven?
Classes for the 2019 program year are as follows...
-Children will receive their First Communion at our Maundy Thursday worship service, which is on April 18 at 7:00 pm.
-Please click HERE to fill out the First Communion Class Registration form if you are interested in having your child participate this year.