Classes for children interested in preparing to receive first communion are offered once a year prior to Easter Sunday @11:30 am. Students will receive their first communion on Maundy Thursday (the Thursday before Easter).
Realizing that children vary in their readiness for communion, parents are encouraged to consider the following about your child's readiness:
- Is the child asking questions about Holy Communion?
- Is there a verbal desire being expressed to receive communion?
- Does the child participate in the worship service? (sings along in worship, says the Lord's prayer, and Apostles Creed...)
- Does the child talk about feeling left out when other family members commune?
- Does the child understand being wrong and being forgiven?