4Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. 5You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. 6Keep these words that I am commanding you today in your heart.
7Recite them to your children and talk about them when you are at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you rise.8Bind them as a sign on your hand, fix them as an emblem on your forehead, 9and write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Our Faith Journey…
Each of us has a different faith journey. One is not better than the other, just different.
As a church, it is our responsibility to help others along in their faith journey.
At baptism parent’s and sponsors make promises that they will help guide the person being baptized in his or her faith.
Faith Journey Events have been developed to help parent’s and sponsors keep those promises and help both children and adults grow in their faith and help them continue on their own faith journey.
These events will help bring an awareness of the presence of God in our lives to not only the children participating, but families and individuals of all generations. This partnership between home and church is vital in helping children and families build a strong faith foundation.
What is the purpose?
The purpose of each faith journey event is to:
- Celebrate different milestones within children’s faith journeys.
- Help give children and families a knowledgeable faith foundation.
- Equip families to continue learning and “doing” faith within their home by modeling different faith practices and providing them with resources.
What is a Faith Journey Event:
Faith journey events consists of 3 parts:
1. Event - Each event is a parent/child workshop. Some events will be a 1 time event, others may span over several days/weeks.
2. Blessing - After completing the event there will be a special recognition and blessing in worship.
3. Gift - At the conclusion of the event each family will receive a gift that will remind them of that particular event and it’s importance in their faith journey.
When will they take place?
Faith journey events will happen 1-2 times per year for different age groups ( ages Birth through Grade 5.)